Re: [jstevens@eng.mcd.mot.com: Xfree broken]

John, I am going to guess at what you are trying to say; cutting and
pasting error messages, complete with examples of what you are trying to
execture (say, how script(1) would perform) would help immensely,
particularly with this description.

There, that said, my guess says you are trying to run clients connecting
to X using standard TCP sockets. /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc has a bit
-nolisten tcp that turns off listening to tcp sockets. This is a Good
Thing.

If you cannot use ssh(1) to forward your X connections, you could remove
the -nolisten tcp, but be aware that you will be much less secure in the
process. Consider, and reconsider, using ssh(1) for that. (Check the
debian-x archives for the last day or so for an email from me regarding
something very similar. A hint: Debian has turned off the automatic ssh
X forwarding for security reasons, but as long as you trust both hosts,
there is nothing to worry about.)

HTH

* Branden Robinson <branden@deadbeast.net> [001213 02:10]:

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''