Re: xfree86 (4.0.1-11)

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 08:20:57AM -0600, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Hi,
> the changelog says:
>   * updated MANIFEST.{i386,sparc,powerpc}
> so it was not updated for m68k? :-(

I don't have an m68k box of my own to build on.  When the upstream version
changes (as I note in my changelog entries with the new alphas), I cannot
be sure what new files are going to exist on a given architecture without
compiling the tree.

When I introduce new Debian-specific files, like "dexconf", I know what
arches they will show up on and I edit the MANIFEST files directly.

Arches I don't have direct access to will likely lag a Debian version when
the upstream version changes.

Also, Christian, feel free to build 4.0.1-11 so you can send me new *.m68k
files, but don't upload it; wait for 4.0.1-12.

4.0.1-12 will contain only Debian-specific revisions (bugfixes).

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The errors of great men are venerable
Debian GNU/Linux                |    because they are more fruitful than the