Re: [mongoose@users.sourceforge.net: X upgrade policy]

Hi all,

> Why have you made the upgrade path in X impossible?  You can't run utah on
> 4.0 - yet you blindly install 4.0 over every system by dependcies.  You
> don't even bother checking /proc to see what card is installed.  A simple
> grep of /proc/pci shows I have an AGP G400, not a V3!
>
> I have a machine that has half 3.3.6-18 and 4.0 installed now - and I had
> the utah package installed!  You should check for utah before 'upgrading'
> blindly over it.  I told you people not to do this - 3d accel is very
> important - you shouldn't dissmiss it outright.

shouldn't DRI work with a G400 [normal, MAX] right out of the box with the
latest 2.2.1x and latest 2.4.0-testx ? At least for me in XF86COnfig with a
G400 and 2.4.0-test12-pre8 it seems to be enabled (through looking in the
/var/log/XF*.log).

So it seems that you just upgrade to the latest kernel, activate AGP Gart in
the kernel and the corresponding G400 and you are set.

Greetings

Michael