Re: locale names in glibc and XFree86

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 05:20:00PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> BC> It would be nice if Xlibs used the same format file (and even
> BC> better if it could just symlink and use that exact file).
>
> Impossible for licencing reasons: we cannot use GPL'd code in XFree86
> (and we support a number of systems that don't use glibc).

I'm pretty sure I never said "code", I said format. Which simply means it
can parse the same file, and in Debian (or other distributions) it means
we can make X look at that file from glibc, as opposed to it's own list.
This would mean it is always in sync with the system.

There are no license conflicts with this approach.