Re: locale names in glibc and XFree86

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 08:04:29PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> > Ben, can you point me to one so I can write up a patch and send it upstream
> > before 4.0.2 is tagged?  This is pretty important for people who are choosy
> > about their locales.
> >

> /etc/locale.alias
>
> It would be nice if Xlibs used the same format file (and even better if it
> could just symlink and use that exact file).

I read that.  That's not what I'm talking about.

What I mean is, is there a list of canonical locales used by glibc?  I
assume it makes a distinction between

en_US.iso-8859-1

and

ZZ_yy.zvkjshkgsa-ghzalkjfgj-324097

--
G. Branden Robinson             |  <joeyh> oh my, it's a UP P III.
Debian GNU/Linux                |  <doogie> dos it.