Read more carefully; mine is the opposite problem.

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 04:50:13PM +0100, Charl P. Botha wrote:
> Please excuse this noise, but whatever the hell happened with searching a
> particular mailing list archive before angering everyone on it with a
> question that's been answered at least 10 times in the same week?!!
> I'm referring to the whole "user not authorized to run the X server"
> issue...

I have been following this mailing list fairly well for a while, but in
case I missed something, I just checked the archive.

Yes, I suffered from the user authorization problem too, but now I have the
OPPOSITE problem.  My message indicated that now startx and xinit are the
ones that WORK for me and that now xdm and gdm are the ones that DON'T

I hope that I haven't angered anyone; I merely posted a message that I
thought (and still think) has not been answered.

Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>