Read more carefully; mine is the opposite problem.

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 04:50:13PM +0100, Charl P. Botha wrote:

> Please excuse this noise, but whatever the hell happened with searching a
> particular mailing list archive before angering everyone on it with a
> question that's been answered at least 10 times in the same week?!!
>
> I'm referring to the whole "user not authorized to run the X server"
> issue...

I have been following this mailing list fairly well for a while, but in
case I missed something, I just checked the archive.

Yes, I suffered from the user authorization problem too, but now I have the
OPPOSITE problem.  My message indicated that now startx and xinit are the
ones that WORK for me and that now xdm and gdm are the ones that DON'T
WORK.

I hope that I haven't angered anyone; I merely posted a message that I
thought (and still think) has not been answered.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA