[andrew@neep.com.au: xf86cfg in 4.0.1-8?]

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au> -----

From: Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>
To: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Subject: xf86cfg in 4.0.1-8?
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:30:18 +0800

Hi Branden,

I note in the changelog.Debian.gz for the X stuff that a while back the
'xf86config' program was temporarily dropped.

I currently have version 4.0.1-8 of the X packages installed.  The
xf86cfg program from the xbase-clients package bombs out because the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Cards file is missing.  Apparently sometime in the
past this file was provided by the xserver-common package, but the
current version doesn't have it.

In the meantime I've used dexter to set up a basic XF86Config-4 file,
but it'd be nice to tune it a bit with xf86cfg.  Is this just a problem
of the Cards file having gone missing or are there bigger things afoot?

Cheers,

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux               |    screaming mob pounding on a greasy spot