Re: xserver-xfree8 4.0.1-8 on powerpc

(michel, sorry for the repeat, I forgot to Cc: to debian-x and
debian-powerpc)

> Nice to hear that my patches help :)

And nice of you to have done them :).

> > it still present some annoying glitch: the color of the whole display is
> > wrong, it has a general pink hue.
>
> Was it already there when the screen was wrapped around? What about other
> depths?

I don't remember for sure under which depth I tested it when the screen was
wrapped, but I'll say yes, it was. However, for now, it does this in 16 bpp
mode (is this such a weird mode ?), and not in 8 bpp. Unfortunatly I can't
coax the server to launch in 32 bpp on my computer

# fbset -depth 32 -fb /dev/fb0 1024x768-60
ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

> The fbdev driver relies 100% on the framebuffer device so this is more likely
> to be a bug there.

Do you mean in the kernel code ? I'll try a newer version (2.2.18-preX if
it compiles). By the way, I was wrong in my first mail, I'm still running
2.2.14.

--

					Frédéric Séraphine

	Tel: 476 61 53 85 	-	Fax: 476 61 52 07
	INRIA Rhone-Alpes - ZIRST - 655 Avenue de l'Europe - Montbonnot
	38334 Saint Ismier Cedex - France