[giuliano@ronchiato.it: X 4.0.1-9 and keyboard: problems]

I don't know much about European keyboards.  Can someone help this person,
or is there actually a bug in the XKB data for pc105/it keyboards?

----- Forwarded message from Giuliano Grandin <giuliano@ronchiato.it> -----

From: Giuliano Grandin <giuliano@ronchiato.it>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: X 4.0.1-9 and keyboard: problems
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 21:46:26 +0100

Hi!
I'm here again because I still have problems with my italian keyboard.
When I use X, I get this error message:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Error:            Can't find file "complete" for types include
>                   Exiting
>                   Abandoning keytypes file "default"

The problem is this: I can't use any key toghether with the <ALT Gr> key
to obtain sertain characters as the "@" or  "#" (only with cut &
paste!!) and so on. What can I do to resolve this? In
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 I have:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "it"

The keyboard is an italian "Logitech Deluxe".

tia
Giuliano Grandin
--
Contro i brevetti del s.w. 	|	Debian GNU/Linux
<http://petition.eurolinux.org> |	<http://www.debian.org>

*_ Giuliano Grandin _*

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Optimists believe we live in the best of
Debian GNU/Linux               |    all possible worlds.  Pessimists are