X 4.0.1 and NeoMagic server

I was wondering if anyone on this list was squashing bugs in the
NeoMagic server.

I last tried 4.0.1-8.  My computer is a Dell Latitude CS; the video
chipset is the NeoMagic 2360.  Everything looks perfect, but when you
type text into an xterm, the characters are all overlapping and
noisy.  This happens in a variety of clients, font configs, and window
managers.  If you iconify the window, or switch desktops, or anything
like that which redraws the window without further keyboard input, the
text looks fine.  The problem is solved with Option "noaccel" "true".
My XF86Config-4 is below.

Everything works perfectly under 3.3.6, except that the neomagic
server doesn't know about my chipset, so I tell it that it's a 2200.

ian

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
	FontPath	"unix/:7100"			# local font server
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "GLcore"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "pex5"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "xie"

#	Load "type1"
#	Load "freetype"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "GlidePointPS/2"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
EndSection

Section "Modes"
	Identifier   "Modes0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Generic Laptop LCD 1024x768"
	ModelName    "Monitor Model"
	HorizSync    31.5-48.5
	VertRefresh  60
EndSection