Re: FW: [otto.wyss@csam.com: XFree 4.0.1-8 crashes my systemcompletl y, how can I retrieve inf ormation fora bug report]

* Otto Wyss <otto.wyss@bluewin.ch> [001201 22:07]:
> Okay, I'm going to send what I've gotten just to you, since it's rather
> much and you might decide what should be sent to debian-x.

Well, I like to see everything, and I imagine anyone else would like to
see everything too. :)

> First my XF86Config-4, which was created with dexter. I had to change
> the XkbModel/XkbLayout and the mouse to /dev/mouse (symlink to the real
> USB mouse device).

As for this problem, I have several guesses, I think. First, the
fbdev(4) manpage suggests you may need a BusID line, and says -scanpci
might be needed to figure out what to put in this place. Second, the
fbdevhw(4) manpage suggests that it is an OS-specific submodule that
needs to be loaded. Use find(1) or locate(1) to see if anything matching
this description is anywhere to be found. :) If it is, you may need to
use `Option "UseFBDev"' in the device section. If it is not, then we
need to figure out where this thing can be acquired. (A package by
branden would make sense, particularly xvfb, but I can't promise
anything. :)

HTH :)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''