Re: X 4 & xf86cfg

* Johannes Zellner <johannes@zellner.org> [001129 18:14]:
> wow, my X4 is already running.  But when I try to use
> xf86cfg I get a message:
>
>     Cannot open Cards database.
>
> what am I missing?

Line 164 in changelog.Debian.gz for xfree86-common:

  * debian/xserver-xfree86.*: stop shipping xf86config tool and related
    files -- TEMPORARILY -- it will be back in a future Debian release

I think this was done because these tools worked only occasionally. I
was lucky, and mine worked like a charm. For most people, it did the
whole segfault sort of thing. :-/

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''