Re: Prepackaged indirected X terminal

[ BTW. List, is this the right place to have the discussion on ? ]

Why not then have have xdm manage the :0 display and start another
X for that specific work

  while true; do X :1      -indirect $host; done   # or
  while true; do X :1 vt10 -indirect $host; done

will basically start up a new display on the next virtual terminal,
or the given vt.

C-A-F7 will take you to the local managed server
C-A-F8 will take you to the "indirected" server

I don't know what your users will think about that, but if it solves
your maintainance headaches, why not.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  70 511 97 84                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting