X server catching signal 11

This has actually been going on for a couple months. I've swapped out
window manager and display manager, ditching gnome for the time being. As
far as I can recall, stability was fine during -phase1.

Hardware configuration:
Dual P200mmx on a piix3 chipset(430HX), APICs enabled. Video:
00:0a.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP
(rev 5c)
00:0b.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA 2164W
[Millennium II]
128MB non-parity memory.

Head 0 boots with atyfb because I do switch from X to work on the console.
Kernel: Linux heathen 2.4.0-test10 #1 SMP Sat Nov 11 14:17:41 PST 2000
i586 unknown

I'd like to supply some useful debugging information, but I'm not sure
what would be considered useful and what wouldn't.