Re: [tomlins@cam.org: DRI wth 2.2.18pre kernels]

Please don't send mail to Branden directly, questions such as this are
much better suited for debian-x.

> ----- Forwarded message from Ed Tomlinson <tomlins@cam.org> -----
> Hi,
>
> I do not know if this has been reported as a bug yet as the
> bugs.debian.org page does not seem to work...
>
> I have just upgraded to woody (worked but was a little painfull).  The
> major reason for this was to get to XF4 and get DRI and dualhead
> working with my matrox G400 MAX.  Well I can get everything going
> except that when drm is finally ready to enable DRI it fails since the
> version reported my mga.o is 1.0.0 and the xserver wants 2.0.0 or
> above.

This is an upstream decision, I believe there are back port patches for
the DRM modules to 2.2.x kernels, however I am not positive.

Also I believe that the current 2.2.x pre kernels from Alan Cox have an
up to date DRM module.

The only thing we (Debian) can do to fix this is try and make sure that
the kernel sources we package have the current DRM module patches.

Zephaniah E. Hull.
(The Debian developer who somehow got the 3Dfx issues, even under
packages he does not maintain.)

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.