Re: X4.0: patches for m68k

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 03:19:28AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Thank you very much for providing these.  I'm very glad to see m68k
> rejoining the bleeding-edge-XFree86 fold.
I've been there all the time, but it took me a while to fix all the build
problems.

> > find: usr/lib/libOSMesa.so: No such file or directory
> > make: *** [debian/stampdir/binary-arch] Error 1
> >
> > How do I fix that?
>
> Don't try to include files that don't exist in Debian packages.  :)
What do you mean? I did not include a thing, after all its your package.

> > I also noted that there are many files in debian like
> > xterm.files.[i386|powerpc], do I need them for m68k as well? A fast way to
> > generate them? Or are they built out of the MANIFEST?
>
> You have to maintain them manually, but I've done this work for you, and it
> is in 4.0.1-8.
Thanks.

> Unfortunately I'm also moving up to 4.0.1f in -8, so you may have to update
> the MANIFEST on m68k again.  debian/README has more info.
You mean I have to delete MANIFEST-m68k to get one built automatically?
What is it good for after all? Oh, don't tell me, I don't wanna know, I just
want those packages.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/