/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults and /etc/X11/app-defaults: who's the symbolic link?

In new xfree packages configuration i read:

Warning: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults is a directory that should be a
symbolic link.  Packages containing files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults
need to move them to /etc/X11/app-defaults instead; they will not be used
by the X Window System until they are moved.

Ok, I've removed /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults and make it a
symbolic link, but that broke some package (sorry I don't remember
which :(            (balance->)))

What I should do ? while woody is not released I've to fill a bug
against the package that have problem, or I should do what i do
(return to old directories)?

(Yes, I know this list is not for user question, but while woody's not
out at this time, I want only to report a problem, if already reported
(and in a better way) I apologize for confusion)

Thanks,
Daniele.

--
Daniele Cruciani <cruciani@cli.di.unipi.it>