Re: success with ct65554

Congratulations!  I'm happy to hear that you got success.

In <[🔎] 3A1460C3.62A35249@hecke.dartmouth.edu>,
 on "Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:33:39 -0500", with "success with ct65554 ",
  "Thomas R. Shemanske" <trs@hecke.dartmouth.edu> wrote:

trs> For the record, it seems unneccessary to use modelines, FPClock, or
trs> DacSpeed.  All of these options should be off.  DacSpeed (if entered) is
trs> ignored with the message:
trs>
trs> (WW) CHIPS(0):  Option "DacSpeed" is not used.

Can I make sure that you entered DacSpeed in this way ?

      Section "Device"
	      Identifier	"Generic Graphics Device"
	      Driver "chips"
	      DacSpeed 100.0

"DacSpeed" should not follow "Option", so if you enter

      Section "Device"
	      Identifier	"Generic Graphics Device"
	      Driver "chips"
	      Option "DacSpeed" "100"

then it would not work.

The message "Option \"%s\" is not used\n" is written in common/xf86Option.c,
but the DacSpeed [Option] should be handled by the code in common/xf86Config.c.
(related codes are in parser/Device.c, where "case DACSPEED:" and "case OPTION"
are parsed and handled differently).

I think the former way should work, and if not, then there may be bug.

Regards.
--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>