[exxcomm@hotmail.com: Resolution to: X not starting...high pitched monitor whine (OT?)]

[poor email etiquitte with the idea that this may help other users in
the future.]

*THIS* fixed your problem? Ok. This is strange.

Someone reported this to Branden a little while ago (I think before he
put X 4.0.1 into unstable) and some of us tried to replicate this
problem, but with no success.

You are the first to report a whine though, as far as I can remember;
the others just didn't get it to start.

So, to sum up -- Tim (aka whiskey sour) couldn't get his 4.0.1 to start,
and his monitor was making a whine at the same time. Most of us figured
it was being driven too far, but it turns out the font server listed was
causing the problem.

*sigh*

Thanks Tim :)

----- Forwarded message from Whiskey Sour <exxcomm@hotmail.com> -----