Re: [branden@deadbeast.net: [millerjr@u.washington.edu: a few legacy X servers]]

* J. R. Miller <millerjr@u.washington.edu> [001115 04:04]:
> I just realized this discussion was cc'ed to debian-x.

D'oh! :) Yeah, I've had those days. :)

> I wasn't sure what your relation to Branden was; I figured you were an
> intern at his new job.  (your original mail was long, much formatting, and
> I read it in a small, badly fonted win terminal, in a glare, which was
> difficult.)

Hey, that reminds me a little of my last job. :) Never-ending glare, and
the only place where I could get to email was through windows telnet on
a shared machine -- I unsubscribed from *many* lists at that point
because email wasn't much fun then. :-/

Indeed, I have yet to meet Branden, though I think I owe him a beer when
I do meet him; I started following debian-x because I wanted up-to-the-
minute progress reports on 4.0, and sooner or later, I was helping
Branden by answering some user questions that he forwarded to the list
and attempting the occasional bughunt.

Do check the archives, Branden responded to an email in this thread, but
I do not know if it was your first email or a later email. (I don't
imagine he set a CC to your address.) You are absolutely correct in that
my editing of your emails elided much I agreed with, or did not want to
mention -- my opposing ideals of placing discussion into public forums
so that others may find the help you did not simultaneously conflicted
with email-etiquitte to quote only what was needed.

*sigh*.

Cheers.

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''