Re: [branden@deadbeast.net: [millerjr@u.washington.edu: a few legacy X servers]]

Greetings Jake :)

* J. R. Miller <millerjr@u.washington.edu> [001114 14:35]:
> How about settling for remembering XF3.x isn't just for legacy hardware
> and that the status doc is sub-par in several respects?

How so? It states that your card is not supported, and your card isn't
supported? Sounds up to date to me. >:-> As for a roadmap, perhaps XF
might not have a roadmap per se -- they know what X features they want
to support, they know what platforms they want to migrate to, but as for
knowing down to the individual graphics chipsets, perhaps they do not,

> So, I am not asking for support assurances, but rather an
> organizational roadmap.

Ok. Normally when people ask, "what I can I expect in the future?" they
mean "when will this be supported?"

> Your name is familiar, but I don't know you.

My name is probably familiar because I follow far too many mailing lists
than the surgeon general recommends. Debian-x, debian-vote, (no longer
debian-user -- that was finally too high-traffic for me :), OpenBSD
misc and smp, bugtraq, secure programming, (no longer
vulnerabilities-development, though I may add that again in the future
:), EROS, and I used to be fairly active in SuSE before I found Debian.
I dabble in sci.crypt and comp.sys.hp48, the latter used to be my form
of food five years ago. :) I also help file and track bug reports at
mozilla.org.

My name is bound to pop up once in a while. Heheh.

> > http://lists.suse.com/archives/suse-linux-e/2000-Jul/0466.html suggests
> > two possible alternatives you may be amenable to.
> Suse?  You mean, there's another Linux distro?  I should get out more...

No no no -- did you read the thread? A user suggests two courses of
action, neither of which involve installing SuSE. :)

I'm sorry no such road map exist. :(

Cheers. :)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''