[millerjr@u.washington.edu: a few legacy X servers]

I've posted pointers to the XF 4.0.1 Status document in many places, but
apparently this person managed to miss all of them...

----- Forwarded message from "J. R. Miller" <millerjr@u.washington.edu> -----

From: "J. R. Miller" <millerjr@u.washington.edu>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: a few legacy X servers
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:18:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Branden,

The other day you wrote the following to debian devel:
  "The XFree86 version 3 packages will stick around for a while.  On i386,
  to provide the libc5-compat X libraries and to provide a few legacy X
  servers, and on alpha to provide a few legacy servers. "

Is an S3 Savage 4 Pro+ 32MB AGP what you call "legacy", or does XF 4.0x
now support my card?

I've been struggling to understand what is, or is not (there are rarely
updates anymore), going on with XF.  Would you please give me some kind of
understanding about the current status of my not-so-legacy S3 Savage 4
32MB AGP card with respect to XF 4.0x?

p.s.1. I've already asked on the lists, no reply.
p.s.2. Congrats on the job and packaging xf4.

Thanks,

Jake
millerjr@u.washington.edu

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Human beings rarely imagine a god that
Debian GNU/Linux               |    behaves any better than a spoiled child.