Re: [debian-x] 3gl working extremely slow.

* Gordon Heydon <gjheydon@bigfoot.com> [001112 02:43]:
> As I am only using a single head with my dual head card this is what I
> am using, I am going to play with dual head sometime when I get a bit of
> a chance. I basically have the same setup, 2.4.0-test10, the latest
> debs, and the agpgart and the mga modules loaded, but one thing does
> puzzle me, it the the mga module is not in use, So I don't think
> something is quite right.

Hmm. See if you have a /dev/agpgart device. Mine used to work, then
died, then I noticed I had no agpgart device. Recreating that device
(using MAKEDEV) did the trick.

Oh yeah -- see if you ahve a Section "dri" in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
file -- I would hope that wouldn't break/fix the problem, but it is
worth looking into.

HTH

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''