Re: lockup when starting X

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:

> > This is becoming a FAQ, you have a Voodoo 3 Voodoo4 or a Voodoo 5, and
> > you have a line like 'Load "dri"' in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, I am
> > currently working on fixing the drivers, but it takes time.
>
> Well actuall I have a RIVA128 card.

..and I have a Tseng ET6000. I had exactly same problems, but was able to
log in via ssh, and reboot (killing X didn't help, because keyboard
wasn't responding and I couldn't switch to console). I removed all
references to GL and DRI, and things began looking nice again...

Xf86cfg couldn't run either, even with these configs. "Illegal
instruction" my arse =)

> So I hope this can still be fixed :)

Me too..