Re: [andrew_pmk@hotmail.com: Forward Backspace (**annoying**)]

Andrew, you are in luck! The FAQ.gz file shipped with Debian's packaging
of XFree86 is *EXTREMELY* detailed in this regard. On my system, this
FAQ is located at /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz. Look about 513
lines into the thing. Of course, if this isn't the location of the FAQ
or the description on your machine, you will have to get creative with
"grep" and "zgrep" to find "backspace" in the documentation that came
with your .deb package of X.

If you want more information about the whole backspace/delete issue, try
typing "backspace delete X" into your search engine of choice. Sure, the
first few hits on Google aren't in my primary language, but it has
options to limit the search to my primary language. I don't know about
yours, of course, but my guess says it might. If not, altavista is a
good second choice.

A third place to look for information is the xmodmap(1x) manual page --
it looks like it was written to handle just this situation. (Though its
whatis information doesn't list either. Pity.)

And, as a last bit of information -- please do not mail Branden
directly. He gets more than enough email and doesn't have enough hours
in the day to answer them all. Please use the debian-user list in the
future, as it is the proper forum for your question, and its much larger
distribution is likely to give pointers to documentation much faster
than Branden could ever hope to.

Hope this helps.

* Branden Robinson <branden@deadbeast.net> [001106 20:54]:

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''