please help.

My inbox has literally exploded with bugs since I released 4.0.1.  Perhaps
100 or more have been filed.

The bugs are coming in faster than I can do triage on them.

I am literally overwhelmed.

I would appreciate it if those on this list could do what they can as
described on the X Strike Force page in the bugs section.

3 things would help:

1) downgrade RC bugs to normal or wishlist; the very few *actual* RC
   problems will percolate back up

2) mail people (using bugnum-submitter@bugs.debian.org) complaining about
   XFree86 -configure or xf86cfg that these tools are still in heavy
   development and useless right now (which isn't true in general, but is for
   the people who watch them segfault and then just file a grave bug report
   about it)

3) mail people (using bugnum-submitter@bugs.debian.org) complaining about X
   server crashes requesting that they mail bugnum@bugs.debian.org with:
   A) /sbin/lspci | grep VGA
   B) /var/log/XFree86.0.log
   C) /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

   This is of course not necessary for the very few people who already
   provided all of this information in their bug report.

4) Ask people who don't seem to understand the meaning of "unstable" in
   "Debian unstable" to please go back to using the RELEASED version of
   Debian, so as to free up developer resources for preparing next version,
   instead of dealing with redundant, and unhelpful, bug reports.

Please conduct all correspondence with bug submitters via the
bugnum-submitter address so that I can stay abreast of what's going on.

Please conduct all correspondence with me about a particular bug via the
bugnum address.  CC'ing debian-x is fine if it is a problem of general
relevance.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    If you wish to strive for peace of soul,
Debian GNU/Linux               |    then believe; if you wish to be a