[sjaensch@gmx.net: Issues regarding XFree4 and NVidia drivers]

Once the new X packages get out of incoming I'll start forwarding these
problems to debian-user.

----- Forwarded message from Stephan Jaensch <sjaensch@gmx.net> -----

From: Stephan Jaensch <sjaensch@gmx.net>
To: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Subject: Issues regarding XFree4 and NVidia drivers
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 03:10:55 +0100

Hi Branden,

I'm not sure if you should receive this email, so if this is a NVidia
driver problem please tell me so. :-)

I'm running your XFree4 packages along with the NVidia driver 0.95, I have
a Geforce2 MX. It basically works with kernel 2.2.17, but not with
2.4.0-test[9,10]. With the 2.4 kernel the system locks up, nothing but a
reset helps me. This should be a NVidia driver issue, right? It worked back
then when I had a Voodoo3 2000.

What does not work with the 2.2.17 is OpenGL. Whenever I try to run a
OpenGL-application like the Q3A demo or Tuxracer, the X Server crashes. I
followed the NVidia installation instructions closely, and since it works
for others I thought this might be a XFree-Debian issue. The server reports
no further errors, just that it received signal 11. Are there any known
problems?

Another thing that doesn't work is my Logitech PS/2 scroll mouse. imwheel
doesn't seem to receive the wheel moving events. In the attached XF86Config
you can see how I configured ZAxisMapping, is it wrong how I did it?

Thanks for your time, bye...

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    A celibate clergy is an especially good
Debian GNU/Linux               |    idea, because it tends to suppress any