Re: Questions about r128 server

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 03:22:52PM -0600, Jeff Lessem wrote:
> In your message of: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:22:26 PDT, you write:
> >% man xset
> >
> >       -dpms   The  -dpms  option  disables  DPMS  (Energy  Star)
> >               features.
> >
> >       +dpms   The   +dpms  option  enables  DPMS  (Energy  Star)
>
> Thanks for the response, but unfortunately it is a bit more complex
> than that.  xset +dpms runs without an error, but xset q continues to
> report "not capable of DPMS" and something like xset dpms force off
> will fail with an error.

The magic thingy you need is in your XF86Config file, add

Option "DPMS" "on"

to your Monitor section.

Unfortunately, XFree 4's documentation is woefully...lacking.  I didn't
know this (not for lack of trying) until someone had mentioned it in
passing on this list.

--
Joshua Shagam                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
joshagam@cs.nmsu.edu           \ / No HTML/RTF in email