[bjoern.teipel@isg.de: XFree 4.01 phase 2 version 18]

I'm pretty sure this directory is shipped, as a symlink to /var/lib/xkb.

----- Forwarded message from Björn Teipel <bjoern.teipel@isg.de> -----

From: Björn Teipel <bjoern.teipel@isg.de>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: XFree 4.01 phase 2 version 18
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:43:04 +0200

   Hi Branden,

   i don`t kown if the the problem is also know, so i`ll just try.
   When i started XFREE under woody, i  got followed error messages :

   The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
   > Error:            Cannot open "compiled/server-0.xkm" to write
   keyboard descr
   >                   Exiting
   Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

   And here is the solution, you or any one else forget a directory in
   the package.
   Just create under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb a directory named compiled ,
   and
   other user can  use XKeyboard-Maps.

   by

   Björn