Re: dexter, phase2v17

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 11:11:13AM -0700, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> I may set up a second machine just for testing.
> So far, the mouse chooser can still use a few more defined devices. The
> default mouse type for /dev/gpmdata should be IntelliMouse as far as I
> know. What's the default mouse type for USB? is HID mouse all one protocol
> according to the mouse driver, or can it autodetect?

USB mice (under 2.4) seem to work happily with either ImPS/2 or
netmouseps/2. The first only lets me use 3 of the buttons on my
Intellimouse Explorer, but netmouseps/2 gets them all working. I can't see
any real reason not to make netmouseps/2 the default provided that it
works in 2.2 as well.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@cam.ac.uk