[AKennedy@bursteinlabs.com: GeForce2 divers for XFree86 4.x/Debian]

Someone with an appropriate NVidia card want to do this?

I think he's probably talking about NVidia's non-free driver(s).

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Kennedy <AKennedy@bursteinlabs.com> -----

From: "Andrew Kennedy" <AKennedy@bursteinlabs.com>
To: <branden@deadbeast.net>
Subject: GeForce2 divers for XFree86 4.x/Debian
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 15:46:00 -0700

   I was wondering if you could be kind enough to repackage the geforce2
   drivers that are in RPM format into deb packages.  I have had no luck
   getting them to install properly.  GeForce2 cards really only support
   XFree86 4.x.  I really love debian's advantages over other
   distributions but if I can't get X to run it is hard to say this is
   the right distibution.  =)  So the reality is that I am holding out
   for debian's XFree86 4.x release but in the meantime I want to play
   around with your test packages (which installed fine btw).  Also, if
   you were going to do this could you make sure to package the SMP
   version also (I have 2 cpu's).  Thanks, I really would appreciate if
   you did this.  If not, I understand.  Get the final out! =)

   Andrew Kennedy

   [1]http://www.nvidia.com/Products/OpenLinuxDwn.nsf/b99b7f622d429347882
   568c800771b6c?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=2#2