Re: sig11 with phase2v10 debs

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 03:27:39PM -0400, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> > yes -- I've been most upset at my inability to run quake3 on my p200mmx
> > :) until a friend told me there was an rpm at linux.3dfx.com, which I
> > alienized. This is _with_ the /dev/3dfx, so all my glide stuff is now
> > _not_ suid :))
>
> Why not use the libglide2 package in woody?

well, I'm no expert on this so I'm probably wrong (in view of your
question), but I thought that I needed mesa-glide (for opengl-on-glide),
libglide (for glide), and libglide-hardwaresepecific (for the hardware).
I thought it was a multilayered protocol thing. ("thing" can be "a la
OSI" or "vendor pissing contest", your choice).

The libglide2 from woody did _not_ work, my assumption was that it was
due to the lack of what used to be libglide-vg, which is what I guessed
I had debianized via alien. I guess I guessed wrong?

> > a p200mmx, millenium I (mga2064w), vg. 48MB of RAM. Pure woody except
> > when I decide to foray into helixcode or xf4.
>
> What 3Dfx card?

a vg, voodoo graphics, voodoo 1, or monster something-or-other. the old
pci thing connected via a cable doohickey to the other pci thing which
happens to look very much like a mga2064w, and via a longer cable
doohickey to something that nearly, but not quite, completely fails to
resemble a monitor.

> > It's probably just xf4 not speaking to glide.
>
> Maybe, but it would help if you were using the same packages X4 was
> compiled against.

the only way I've been able to get my vg to work in woody (since
libglide-vg went AWOL I guess) is this. I'd be willing to try variants,
however.

--
John Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
Confucious say: