Re: READ THIS; Debian XFree86 4.0.1 mini-FAQ

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

>   * This upstream SHM problem is a doozy.  This has to be fixed, especially
>     for users who use ridiculous window managers like Enlightenment that
>     chew threw SHM segments like pirhana through cattle.  Fortunately, I
>     expect this will fixed soon, although I did a CVS update a few minutes
>     ago and didn't see anything that looked like a fix for it to my
>     untrained eye.  Perhaps xpert@xfree86.org could use some intelligent
>     bug reports.

A possible temporary fix might be to put

#define HasShm NO

into the appropriate place in site.def / linux.cf and distribute the
.debs that way until it's fixed upstream. Of course, not doing this
will encourage more people to look for the bug... and I don't know if
XF86 will compile/work without SHM these days...

				- M

--
Mark "Monty" Montague | monty@gg.caltech.edu  | I don't do Windows(tm)
I'm dubious about any company whose assets can be destroyed by rm -rf