SV: READ THIS; Debian XFree86 4.0.1 mini-FAQ

Branden Robinson wrote:

> * Yes, the shared memory extension is broken in recent phase2 packages.
>   This is a recent development in upstream CVS.  If you'd like to help fix
>   it, subscribe to xpert@xfree86.org and pursue the issue there; please try
>   to submit helpful bug reports to upstream, they could use them.

How recent are we talking about here? I never noticed any problem with
phase2v8, but in the past few days I haven't been running much X applications
apart from WindowMaker, xpdf, emacs, xterm and xscreensaver, and it has never
occured to me before to wonder how much any of these rely on shared memory.

I'll try something more insane when I get back home.

On a happier note, some graphics glitches which used to show up, but only
when DRI was enabled, have gone away now. (I do hope that's the result of an
upstreams bugfix, rather than a consequence of broken shared memory
handling. :-)

Torbjörn Andersson