Multihead-aware window managers (fvwm goofiness)

Recently I decided I wanted to have a button bar with a clock and the
pager in it on my primary display, and while configuring it I discovered
that I had two instances of FvwmIconMan and FvwmPager on each of my two
heads. It seems from the way fvwm loads, that it is spawning another
instance of itself for the second head, but both instances are attempting
to load all the referenced modules for both heads.

I recently opened a bug against fvwm describing the observed misbehaviour
but I'd like to get a little bit of a feel for what other multihead X
users are using for window managers.

Basically I'm looking for something uber-customisable, preferably with
gnome support, and uses ICCCM-style keyboard handling. (!rant about
gnome-terminal and enlightenment ignoring ICCCM completely and this
breaking emacs by confusing the bucky bits)

fvwm and sawfish so far seem to be the two best window managers IMO.
unfortunately sawfish only manages :0.0