[pauldoo@dunvegan1.demon.co.uk: XF4 debs]

----- Forwarded message from "Paul Richards (Pauldoo)" <pauldoo@dunvegan1.demon.co.uk> -----

From: "Paul Richards (Pauldoo)" <pauldoo@dunvegan1.demon.co.uk>
To: branden@ecn.purdue.edu
Subject: XF4 debs
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:33:47 +0000

Hi,
Today I placed the lines into my sources.list file and ran a full
'apt-get dist-upgrade'..  The rest of my sources.list file just has the
usual 'unstable' debian lines.  And my last 'apt-get dist-upgrade'
wasn't that long ago.. (been on woody for a while)..

Neway...  To get to my questions.  When it finished I found a few
'bugs'..  I've never used the Debian bug tracker thing, so I thought it
would be easier to just email you.

So the first one, with GDM:
When I attempt to login with GDM, the script /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default
fails, causing GDM to drop back out again.  Commenting out the only line
in that file has temporarily fixed the problem..  :p

2nd one, with fonts:
The fonts all appear a lot bigger than they were before..  Yes, I'm
running the same resolution and stuff..  They are genuinely just a lot
bigger..  Don't suppose you know how to sort this?

3rd one, XF86Config man files:
While trying to fix #2 I noticed that the man page for XF86Config is no
longer there..  Which package has it moved into?

That was about all that went wrong with it really..  Oh and of course
this last one which isn't a 'bug' I suppose..  but it's got me
confused...  I just ran 'apt-get dist-upgrade' and I did see packages go
past that were from XF4.0.1 and they were being downloaded from the
special XF4 site.  But I still don't have XF4..  Where has it been
installed?  :)
--
Paul Richards (Pauldoo) - http://www.pauldoo.co.uk
      .~.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |      I've made up my mind.  Don't try to
Debian GNU/Linux               |      confuse me with the facts.