Re: XFree 4.0.1 phase2v7 on Powermac 7600/132 /chaos/control

Frederic Seraphine wrote:

> The only glitche I encountered in the installation was the it didn't
> de-install xserver-fbdev_3.3.6 and didn't install xserver-xfree86_4.0.1_0pha
> se2v7. But that was simple to correct once detected.

I think that can't be done automatically as the new libraries work with the
old server and vice versa.

>         - XFree86 -configure fail: error 11 while testing the different
>           drivers.

You can try (re)moving (away) the drivers which you don't need.

>         - the X server display is buggy: the display is wrapped around the
>           screen so that each extremity touch  in the center of the screen.
>           But the xserver doesn't echo any errors whatsoever.

The 4.x lowlevel fbdev code doesn't handle memory offsets perfectly yet. We'll
hopefully have a proper fix in soon.

Michel

--
The problem with religious texts is that the answers aren't in the back.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS