Re: DPMS

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Seth R Arnold bashed his keyboard into the wall and
hit the following keys:

> In a related issue, does anyone have dual-head DPMS working? My G400 max
> only powers down the primary monitor at the requested time interval.
> Option "DPMS" is specified once for each monitor.

I *think* the problem is that xset only expects one monitor. IIRC you can
set DPMS suspend / standby / poweroff values within XF86Config -- you may
want to read the XF86 documentation and try this.

I've never tried this myself though -- I have only one monitor hooked to
my own G400 MAX, and I have been using X 3.3.6 for some time now (at the
point I tried 4.0.0 in a non-deb version it was way too unstable for my
liking, so I fell back on X 3.3.6 and Utah GLX).

<OFFTOPIC>
Speaking of G400 MAX cards -- XF86 (at least in the versions I
have tried) sets their DAC speeds wrong (at 300 MHz, the correct value for
non-MAX G400s). I recently tried using (in the 'device' section of
XF86Config) a 'dacspeed 	360' line to get the G400MAX's DAC up to its
intended value -- works perfectly. In some versions of X it will probably
be 'Option	"dacspeed"	360'
</OFFTOPIC>

--
Simon Kongshoj - email: simon@cs.auc.dk - http://www.cs.auc.dk/~simon
Why have your OS perform illegal actions when you can do it yourself?