Re: xfree86-common_4.0.1-0phase2v4_all.deb

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 at 16:03:53 -0700, Marc Martinez <lastxit@technogeeks.org> wrote:
>     Load       "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so"

You were absolutely right -- replacing "glx" with the above
did the trick.  I don't know why I missed this, as I got 4.0.1
working on a different debian box after going through the headaches
of getting the mesa and other glx stuff out of the way (moving
the files themselves rather than changing the references in XF86Config).

I also resolved mouse issues I had by changing the repeat_type value in
/etc/gpm.conf to "raw" ... /dev/gpmdata was causing erratic behavior
before (gpm's fault, not X).  So now gpm and X get along well, so
everything works flawlessly.

Thanks,
Matt Toups