Re: Missing Build-Depends: on libpam0g-dev for X4 ...

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 02:27:02AM -0400, dave@lions.med.jhu.edu wrote:
> Actually, I tried building v5 earlier and this wasn't fixed for me.

Don't know what kind of v5 you were using, then.  libpam0g-dev and
libncurses5-dev are both declared as Build-Dependencies.

> Also missing was ncurses-dev and whatever provides glide.h (the latter
> which I don't really want to install).

I do need to add libglide2-dev [i386] and have just done so, thanks.

> Are these things patched in for Debian?  I had no problems building and
> installing 4.0.1 from source.

We build more stuff by default than XFree86's source tarball is configured
to do.

> The repeated unpacking and patching seems particularly silly.

But it isn't.  Trust me.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                |    complicated way only to be able to have