Re: Missing Build-Depends: on libpam0g-dev for X4 ...

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Timshel Knoll wrote:

> Sorry, Just downloaded v5 .dsc and .diff.gz, and noticed it's been added
> in v5 ... :(

Actually, I tried building v5 earlier and this wasn't fixed for me.

Also missing was ncurses-dev and whatever provides glide.h (the latter
which I don't really want to install).

Are these things patched in for Debian?  I had no problems building and
installing 4.0.1 from source.

As an aside, does anybody know if it is possible (and how) to safely
continue with a failed 'apt-get --compile source'?  Building X is quite a
big time suck.  The repeated unpacking and patching seems particularly
silly.

Otherwise, things are shaping up quite nicely!

-Dave Barnett