Re: Adding the OpenGL GLU library to XF86 ?

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 08:57:58AM -0600, Brian Paul wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
> > I'd particularly like the input of Brian Paul on this issue.  Brian, do you
> > feel that libGL, libGLU, and libOSMesa should all occupy separate packages
> > in Debian, or should they be rolled together?
>
> I guess I'd put them in one package.
>
> You might also add libGLw.a (the Xt/OpenGL drawing area widget).

Well, the issue for us is that with two upstream sources, the respective
Mesa and XFree86 origins need to provide the same things.  Is a version of
Mesa coming out soon that provides all four of these libraries?  (libGL +
libGLU + libOSMesa + libGlw)

As I understand it, the currently released version of Mesa doesn't provide
libOSMesa.

Only one Debian package can provide these things at a time.  What we do is
have a virtual package called "libgl1" which both the mesag3 and xlibgl1
packages (will) provide.  If we need make these provisions more specific it
would be good to know.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson             |     "I came, I saw, she conquered."  The
Debian GNU/Linux                |     original Latin seems to have been