Re: Houston, there's a problem

Hi,

>> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 > Your expectations are way too high.  You need to remember that phase2 is
 > just a milestone.

 /me looks puzzled.

 > On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:38:54AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

 > >  attached is the typescript for the 3.3.6 -> v18 upgrade.  Unpacking
 > >  works.  Yeah.
 >
 > Is this sarcastic?  Did unpacking work or not?

 oh.  sorry.  s/\.$/!!! Hurray!!! Go, go, go!!!/

 (no, really, chill up Branden, sorry if I sounded
 sarcastic/aggressive/whatver, that was meant to be cheerful, honest)

 > >  my best guess would be to fix the 3.3.6 servers to look in
 > >  /etc/X11/XF86Config.  Am I missing something obvious here?
 >
 > What does /etc/X11/Xserver say?

 It points to the XF86_SVGA server.  But /usr/X11R6/lib/XF86Config ->
 /etc/X11/XF86Config link is gone after all the unpacking and
 installation is done.

 > >  Trying to log in:
 >
 > Where from?  console?  xdm?  I thought you said you couldn't get xdm to
 > run.

 Ah, sorry, my bad.  xdm will start either after putting the symlink in
 place or installing xserver-xfree86.

                   Marcelo,
                   who thinks he obviously misunderstood what phase2 is.