XFree 4.0.1 & apm on laptop

Has anyone tried Xfree 4.0.1 on laptop?

I tried phase1v5 on my laptop last week. The chipset is trident cyber 9525
DVD. Basically new xfree runs fine on this machine exept one particular
glitch. I can not standby / suspend / resume anymore. X would crash the
machine totally if I start standy / suspend the machine while I'm in X.
Switch to console help a bit. The machine would come back but X would be
messed up such that I have to kill and restart it again.

3.3.6-10 is working fine with both 2.2.16 and 2.4.0-test(up to 4). I think
2.4.0-test5 has apm problem.

Chanop
--
| May Debian be with you ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ chanop@debian.org|