Re: X4 powerpc issues, pass 0

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 07:42:33PM -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> In dh_movefiles:
>
> find: usr/X11R6/lib/libxrx.so.6: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/lib/libxrx.so.6.3: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man1/libxrx.1x: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/lib/libxrx.so: No such file or directory
>
> I think we ought to be building the RX plugin - see HasPlugin in linux.cf,
> that's a really pointless place to have it.  We build this in v3.

Adam Heath has pointed out that there might be a license issue with XRX,
because of what it requires to build.  I'll have to ask upstream about it.

Anyway, I guess we can turn this on and see what happens.

> find: usr/X11R6/lib/libOSMesa.so.3: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/lib/libOSMesa.so.3.3: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/lib/libOSMesa.so: No such file or directory
>
> No idea.

This is the off-screen Mesa library.  It's used for GL rendering to an
arbitrary chunk of memory.  It is new with Mesa 3.3, which, I gather is not
officially released yet; I think XFree86 is using a CVS version of Mesa
3.3.

As to why this is not building for PowerPC, I do not know if this is
deliberate or accidental.

> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/apm.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/ati.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/cyrix.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/glide.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/i740.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/i810.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/imstt.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/neomagic.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/nv.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/rendition.4: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man4/tdfx.4: No such file or directory
>
> manpages for servers we don't support.  Note that perhaps we should be
> building some of these... ATI and imstt at least, and maybe tdfx...

ATI, definitely.  IMS Twin Turbo -- that's that thing you find on some of
the PowerPC Amigas, right?

I don't actually know if there is such a thing as a Voodoo card for a Mac.
Anyone know?  If so, we'll turn on the tdfx driver.

> find: usr/X11R6/bin/SuperProbe: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/bin/scanpci: No such file or directory
> find: usr/X11R6/man/man1/SuperProbe.1x: No such file or directory
>
> Not appropriate for powerpc.

I think both of these programs are all but dead anyway; some fairly
sophisticated PCI probing is now part of the X server itself (as anyone
who's read 4.x server output can attest).

I'll need to make architecture specific debhelper files.  I will make the
appropriate changes for PowerPC.

Thanks for building this.  Glad to hear the upstream build and install
rules worked fine.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |       What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                |       reading the Bible cover to cover.