Re: rman (PolyglotMan) + TkMan are now under the Artistic License.

You are one of the most hysterically panicky people I have ever met.

First of all, I cannot understand why you CC'ed Stephen Moraco in your
message, since he doesn't, AIUI, have much to do with your concerns.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 11:05:49AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > mesa		James Treacy	I talked to him; because of GGI and stuff,
> > 				Mesa will continue to be maintained
> > 				independently of X, however X will provide
> > 				its own Mesa/GL implementation in xlibgl1
> > 				(which will provide libgl1) and xlibgl-dev
>
> huh ???
>
> will ggi-mesa and x-mesa be able to be installed simoultanouesly or will they
> conflict ?

Well, they'll probably have to confict.  When two packages both provide the
same virtual package, that's typically what you get.  Especially in this
case, as both packages will have to install a thing called
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2.

> i don't know, but it seems to me that accelerated mesa for X as well as the
> remaining DRI stuff is one of the most advertissed part of the XF4 release
> (well together with the proprietary binary drivers from nvidia and the like,
> how do you plan to manage those, branden ?)

Well, I'm sure I'll figure something out, Sven.  Instead of freaking out,
either calm down and contribute, or be quiet.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    Somebody once asked me if I thought sex
Debian GNU/Linux                |    was dirty.  I said, "It is if you're