Re: xfs-xtt stopped on upgrade, XF86_S3 at 50-70% CPU

    Taketoshi> Today, I happenly found the work-around for this problem.

    Taketoshi> Try the steps below after stopping/restarting the xfs-xtt:

    Taketoshi>  1) xset -fp <font path for xfs>
    Taketoshi>      (if you use unix socket, then "xset -fp 'unix/:7100'")

    Taketoshi>  2) xset fp default

    Taketoshi> It seems that Xserver can re-open the connection to the font server
    Taketoshi> using these steps on my system.

    Taketoshi> I don't know how we can use this information to fix the bugs,
    Taketoshi> but I think this will help some users to work-around this problem.

 I had `xfs-xtt' shut off for quite some time now, but yesterday,
 started it up again to see if I could use some new ttf fonts I
 downloaded from the TrueTeX site.

 I cannot get it working now, and do not know why.  I finally located
 `mkttfdir' and installed it, but that didn't make the ttf fonts show
 up in `gfontsel'.

 What are the steps to getting truetype fonts installed, please?