Re: xfree86-1 3.3.6-3; 3 down, 3 to go

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 09:11:57AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:01:52AM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Any news on 3.9.x servers ?
>
> Please read www.debian.org/~branden.  Also, within the past 2 days I posted
> my plans for 3.9.x to this list.  Haven't you been reading it?

I was never able to subscribe to debian-x, i received some few mails and later
no more, so i read it thourgh the mail archive from time to time. Sorry for
asking then.

> > i think it would be nice to have at least a server package, since the rage128
> > of most modern macs is supported on 3.9.x, but not on 3.3.x, but then maybe
> > they plan to use xpmac instead.
>
> I know you're on the XFree86 devel list, don't you read that either?

Yes i read it, just following a mail problem i got unsubscirbed last week,
hadn't had time to resubscribe. Lost my whole home directory, so had other
problems in mind, as you can guess.

> Kevin Martin (of Precision Insight) is fixing bugs in the r128 driver for
> 3.9.x and backporting the fixes to 3.3.x.

That would be great, hope it is in time for the potato release.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER