Re: xfree 3.9.16 ...

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 12:37:41PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Is any one interrested in working on this with me ? Branden, what is your
> opinion on this, as official X maintainer ?

I think:

1) At the moment I don't have time to package 3.9.x, so others are welcome
to do so.  I'd appreciate having the opportunity to audit such packages
before they are made very widely available, however, as no matter how many
times you tell people they're not official, they'll file bug reports
anyway.

2) Per XFree86's wishes, these should only ever go in private/unofficial
package repositories, or at most project/experimental.  I am tentatively
planning on a release to project/experimental once the 3.9.x packages meet
my personal anal-retentive standards.  :)

I encourage the people on this list interested in 3.9.x .debs to work
together and perhaps split tasks a bit.  I will be joining the effort
myself once I've dealt with the isssue of upstream patch submission.

[...]
> N.B. how comes i subscribed two times to this list and never receive mail from
> it ?

Probably a question for lists-admin...

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |               It tastes good.