Re: apt-get configurator for boot-floppies?

Moin Hartmut,
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> One advantage for framebuffer is, that you must not know the video card and
> the X server. Video is in the kernel, x-server is fbdev-xserver. For mice
> it is possible to autodetect. Keyboard information comes from the first
> question for the boot-floppy setup. So we need only HorizSync and VertRefresh
> for the monitor. Thats all (if the kernel supports your graphic card).
For m68k we have been allowed to include something in xserver-configure.
XF86Config is only copied from the examples directory, the dev/mouse link is
set according to hardware (amiga, atari and mac have different mouse types).
There are no changes to the config file with regards to Hor/Vert
frequencies, since these are set (at least on my machine) during boot or
even before. You can adjust them with fbset AFAIK for some grafics boards.
Do you really have to change these frequencies during X setup or is it nice
to have? I mean, if the console works, so does xfree, thats the framebuffer.

Ciao,
Christian.